LSXX, the 20th anniversary reissue of the Breeders’ Last Splash, is OUT NOW as a three-CD package and will be available as a limited-edition, seven-disc vinyl box set at the end of May. The Breeders LSXX CD Reissue arrives as the band is in the middle of the first east coast tour in many years.
ALSO: Check out the feature article on the Breeders in SPIN Magazine!
Unreleased Material on LSXX
Many of the tracks in the set have never been released before, or have never been available worldwide. Cover and sleeve artwork has been created by renowned British legendary visual designer Vaughan Oliver, who designed the original Last Splash artwork.
The vinyl box set includes:
- 12-inch vinyl pressing of Last Splash
- 4 10-inch EPs – Safari, Cannonball, Divine Hammer, and Head to Toe
- 12-inch vinyl live concert album, Stockholm Syndrome, recorded in Sweden in 1994, during the band’s last European tour. Seven tracks from this recording appeared on a fan-club-only CD.
- 12-inch vinyl record comprised of BBC radio sessions recorded on July 24, 1993, backed with the original Last Splash demo recordings from November, 1992
- 24-page booklet featuring previously unpublished photographs taken during the recording of Last Splash, personal photos taken during the tours, and recollections from the band members and others.
The CD release is comprised of the same material in a three-disc set.
Breeders LSXX Availability
LSXX is available at shops as well as from Amazon.com and other online retailers. The release coincides with the Breeders’ LSXX World Tour, which marks the first time Kim Deal, Kelley Deal, Josephine Wiggs and Jim Macpherson have performed together since 1994. Click here for tour dates.